Woman Throws Cat in Trash

by J.D. Roth on 20 September 2010 · 11 comments

in Exploitation,News

Though I suspect many of you have seen this by now, here’s a disturbing story from Coventry, England. Mary Bale was out for a walk when a cat jumped up to greet her. She petted the cat like any normal person would — but then she picked it up and threw it in the trash! How can we be sure? The cat’s owner got it on video:

When caught, Bale tried to play it off as a joke. Ha ha! Pretty hilarious that Lola the cat was trapped in the trash for fifteen hours. Nobody’s buying it, though, especially since the video quite clearly shows her checking to be sure nobody’s looking.

Fortunately, Lola’s owner rescued her. He then put the footage on YouTube and started a Facebook page to track down the culprit. When discovered, Bale apologized. Sort of. Here’s a bit from the Daily Mail:

Speaking yesterday at her parents’ home in Coventry, Miss Bale said: ‘I want to take this opportunity to apologise profusely for the upset and distress that my actions have caused. I cannot explain why I did this, it is completely out of character and I certainly did not intend to cause any distress to Lola or her owners. It was a split second of misjudgment that has got completely out of control.

But she claimed the outcry had been blown out of all proportion: ‘I don’t know what the fuss is about. It’s just a cat.’

No word yet on whether charges will be pressed against Bale.

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Laura 09 September 2010 (20) at 8:26 pm

Good grief! What a psycho!

Dina 09 September 2010 (22) at 10:39 pm

Whoa… but… how come the kitty was trapped for 15 hours when the whole thing was filmed? Do the owners have a cam on their trash can all the time?

Pamela 09 September 2010 (03) at 3:42 am

Maybe Animal Unintelligence would be more appropriate in this case!

Sandy 12 December 2013 (09) at 9:58 am

To call her animal is an insult to the animal kingdom. But I know what you’re saying. She’s a disgrace to the human race!

Winawer 09 September 2010 (11) at 11:20 am

It was 4chan that tracked this woman down, which actually makes the case a little more complicated. As a few people pointed out, 4chan has a history of tracking down pet abusers – but what happens when they inevitably get it wrong in some future happening? Things seem pretty clear-cut in this case, but what if it hadn’t been? The woman received death threats over this, and even had to go into hiding (http://gawker.com/5622237/how-4chan-brought-the-evil-british-cat-lady-to-justice).

@Dina: I believe that it *was* a security camera. I think that they only found out what had happened when they reviewed the footage later (though I’m not sure if they found the cat because of the footage, or reviewed the footage because they found the cat!).

Winawer 09 September 2010 (12) at 12:13 pm
Rebecca 09 September 2010 (13) at 1:52 pm

Somebody should throw her in the trash. This is so upsetting I could curse right now….

Lancy Blatt 10 October 2010 (01) at 1:32 am

Just think of all things by accident cruel and ugly people have done and are doing to animals and others who have never been photographed.

Robert Ressler 10 October 2010 (20) at 8:55 pm

Does Bale’s non-apology sound just a little sociopathic to anyone other than me?

Samantha 10 October 2010 (09) at 9:08 am

I try to stay positive, I really do. But scumbag people like this really make it hard. I know why people believe in reciprocal karma–I’d like to see her locked in a trash bin for 15 hours. At least.

(And yes, it appears that the owners do have a camera on the trash bin all the time–this obviously came from a security camera that is always on.)

random 10 October 2010 (11) at 11:09 am

this lady is so unconsiderate and why on earth would someone throw a cat in a garbage?! shes insane and needs help. and by saying that “its just a cat” are you kidding me this lady obviously needs to reconsider her point of view, this poor cat. i hope the cat is alright now as for the lady….umm she needs to get her act straight and I can’t even imagine doing that to an animal, thats very inhumane.

Previous post:

Next post:

adobe photoshop 7 full download

cheap adobe cs5 adobe acrobat reader 6 download adobe ilustrator download cheap adobe acrobat download for mac adobe premire download

adobe premiere pro trial download

discount autocad 2011 lt free download for adobe streamline dreamweaver 8 download adobe buy cheap adobe acrobate reader free download australia adobe lightroom trial download

download adobe documents

discount creative suite adobe download photoshop elements 2 download adobe flash 9 for pda cheap download adobe photoshop cs3 free download adobe after effects

my space adobe flash player download

buy cheap creative suite 5 adobe photoshop cs2 patch download download adobe photoshop elements 4 cheap adobe flash player download for windows vista download adobe premiere pro cs3

download adobe photoshop free

cheap photoshop cs5 free pc download adobe pagemaker adobe download interruption cheap adobe professional download download and edit adobe files

free adobe photoshop elements 6 download

cheapest Symantec Command Line 10 adobe download manager free download for adobe acrobat discount adobe pdf document viewer download free download adobe acrobat installer

download adobe photoshop elements 4

buy cheap WebLog Expert 7 adobe photoshop cs2 trial download free download of adobe cs2 cheap adobe acrobat free download adobe master collection torrent download

adobe photoshop v7 download

Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 cheap adobe in design 2 download adobe macromedia flash download cheapest free adobe acrobat download for windows vista adobe download problem

adobe flashplayer download center

discount Autodesk Alias Automotive 2012 adobe reader free download download adobe illustrator cs2 trial discount download adobe scanner download free adobe after effect

adobe pagemaker 70 download

cheapest AutoCAD MEP 2012 safe free adobe flash 9 download download adobe photoshop album buy cheap download latest adobe acrobat reader adobe lightroom update download mac osx

adobe illustrator crack download

buy cheap Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 download adobe older versions adobe flash8 download discount adobe acrobat pro 8 download download adobe for free

adobe patch download

Autodesk Showcase 2012 discount free adobe ilrator download download adobe acrobat reader com cheapest download adobe photo download adobe photoshop elements 5tutorial